Just imagine 3D movies combined with spatial audio in a movie theater. 3D sound or spatial sound basically means surround sound heard naturally. The sound of a helicopter afar for instance, would have a different spatial position than it is coming directly to a person. Filmmakers can intensify the naturalism of their films by capturing five full bandwidth channels of audio. Will audiobooks get the immersive spatial audio?
The development of spatial quality is perhaps the only barrier to overcome high quality sound reproduction. This is an enormous challenge to audio engineers, but effectively made the new formats, track allocations, configurations, and recording techniques.
With regards to authors, a comprehensive study was made of the innovation in spatial audio, focusing on methods and configurations. Wanting to expand their understanding of this new technology.
Some particular experiments involving spatial elements to reproduce sound:
- The spatial dimensions in natural and reproduced sound
- Sound sources in space or localization
- From mono to surround sound and 3D audio
- Applications of spatial audio
- Apparent source, width, distance, and depth perception
- Envelopment and spaciousness
- Cognitive issues in sound space perception
- The source-receiver signal chain
- Binaural sound and 3D audio systems
- 5.1 channel surround
- Other multichannel configurations
- Surround sound recording systems
- Spatial recording
- Microphone techniques
- Panning laws
Thru this, there is an expanding collection of spatial sound in audiobooks. One of the easiest ways to listen to it is from Audible, Amazon's platform recognizable for its extensive library.
You will need to remove the old version from your device and download the new version to experience the 3D audio version.
Audio experience needs to go far beyond a series of audio tracks that is purely realistic. Chapter by chapter converted texts into voice. Be sure to use your headphones for the special effects and best listening experience.