Either taking long flights or a long road trip, there are ways to entertain yourself, that includes reading books or listening to audiobooks.
How Do Audiobooks Work?
Reading in the car can make you feel dizzy, and plane rides are simply hard to focus on text. The answer is simple, audiobooks — impressive audiobooks with remarkable audience ratings to stay entertained on a long journey and beyond.
Here are the best audiobooks of all time that are great on long drives or adventure — from fiction to non-fiction books, and from fantasy to history. Had headphones on, recline the seat, and enjoy these reads.
As stated in Book Riot
Best Fiction Audiobooks
- Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty, read by Caroline Lee
- The Good Lord Bird by James McBride, read by Michael Boatman
- The Known World by Edward P. Jones, read by Kevin Free
- Stone Mattress by Margaret Atwood, read by Rob Delaney et al.
- The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain, read by Nick Offerman
Science Fiction Audiobooks
- The Girl with All the Gifts by M. R. Carey, read by Finty Williams
- The Humans by Matt Haig, read by Mark Meadows
- Lock In by John Scalzi, read by Wil Wheaton or by Amber Benson
- The Water Knife by Paolo Bacigalupi, read by Almarie Guerra
Best Non-fiction Audiobooks
- The Birth of the Pill by Jonathan Eig, read by Gayle Hendrix
- Modern Romance by Aziz Ansari, read by the author
Best Fantasy Audiobooks
- The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling, read by Jim Dale or Stephen Fry
- His Dark Materials Trilogy by Philip Pullman, read by the author
- Throne of the Crescent Moon by Saladin Ahmed, read by Phil Gigante
Best Mystery Audiobooks
- Bird Box by Josh Malerman, read by Cassandra Campbell
- Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng, read by Cassandra Campbell
- Pleasantville by Attica Locke, read by J.D. Jackson
- The Whites by Richard Price writing as Harry Brandt, read by Ari Fliakos
Best Romance Audiobooks
- Destiny’s Captive by Beverly Jenkins, read by Thomas Penny
- Landline by Rainbow Rowell, read by Rebecca Lowman
- Suddenly One Summer by Julie James, read by Karen White
- A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray, read by Tavia Gilbert
Memoir & Biography Audiobooks
- As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales from the Making of the Princess Bride by Cary Elwes, read by the author
- Paris Letters by Janice Macleod, read by Tavia Gilbert
- Yes Please by Amy Poehler, read by the author
- Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris, read by the author
- Dead Wake: The Last Crossing of the Lusitania by Erik Larson, read by Scott Brick
- Games Without Rules: The Often-interrupted History of Afghanistan by Tamim Ansary, read by the author
Want More of the Best Audiobooks?
As mentioned by PopSugar
- Here We Go Again: My Life in Television by Betty White, read by the author
- Outlining Your Novel: Map Your Way to Success by K. M. Weiland, read by Sonja Field
- The Horse in My Garage and Other Stories by Patrick F. McManus, read by Sean Pratt
- An Apple a Day: A Memoir of Love and Recovery from Anorexia by Emma Woolf, read by the author
- The Real Doctor Will See You Shortly: A Physician's First Year by Matt McCarthy, read by the author
Published in BuzzFeed News
- Bossypants by Tina Fey, read by the author
- Just Kids by Patti Smith, read by the author
- Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman, read by the author
- Slouching Towards Bethlehem by Joan Didion, read by Diane Keaton
- This is How You Lose Her by Junot Diaz, read by the author
These audiobooks are thrilling enough to remain the interest from start to finish. These can go through travel from one place to another. For a short ride and from work, this will work in a week or so.
Enjoy on your next road trip or whenever you get a great time to spend listening to best audiobooks!
Create an Account. It's free!
Subscribe Now: Only $9.99/month (7 Days Trial)
* OTP will be sent to verify Mobile Phone Nr