People who can't get a seat on a crowded commuter train, driving to work, doing house chores, or preparing for dinner; audiobooks are ideal to them for a hands-free reading experience. Users can contain great literary classic or the best books of 2022. Listening helps to keep everyone occupied and process information better rather than reading.
Some favorite audiobooks are recorded with notable casts full of remarkable voices you may recognize, others are the author themselves or a voice actor; some are completely new or classic fictional writings. Ease your way with one of these popular picks from Good Housekeeping.
- The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett
- Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- Lafayette in the Somewhat United States by Sarah Vowell
- Talking to Strangers by Malcolm Gladwell
- The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
- Becoming by Michelle Obama
- A Game of Thrones: A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin
- Born a Crime: Stories from a South African Childhood by Trevor Noah
- The Dutch House: A Novel by Ann Patchett
- The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
- Elizabeth II: Life of a Monarch by Ruth Cowen
Short Audiobooks to Listen to in a Day
Short stories make great audiobooks for dipping into one at a time, this list of entertaining audiobooks from Penguin Random House can each be finished in a day.
- Southern Lady Code by Helen Ellis
- Exit West by Mohsin Hamid
- Yearbook by Seth Rogen
- My Name Is Lucy Barton (Dramatic Production) by Elizabeth Strout and Rona Munro
- Brother & Sister by Diane Keaton
- Creative Types by Tom Bissell
- Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng
- Red at the Bone by Jacqueline Woodson
- Pet by Akwaeke Emezi
- Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid
Great Audiobooks for Kids
Kids are ready to learn of what they can read, and audiobooks enable them to absorb complex information. Here are some of them as specified by Reading Rockets.
- 26 Fairmount Avenue by Tomie dePaola
- A Single Shard by Linda Sue Park
- Alvin Ho Collection: Allergic to Girls, School, and Other Scary Things by Lenore Look
- American Tall Tales by Mary Pope Osborne
- Because of Winn-Dixie by Kate DiCamillo
- Bud, Not Buddy by Christopher Paul Curtis
- Charlotte's Web by E.B. White
- Emily's Fortune by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
- Everything for a Dog by Ann M. Martin
- Fantastic Mr. Fox by Roald Dahl
- Flora and Ulysses: The Illuminated Adventures by Kate DiCamillo
- Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Wilder
- Mary Poppins by Mo Willems
- Moon Over Manifest by Clare Vanderpool
- Rabbit Ears Treasury of World Tales: Volume Two by Rabbit Ears
- Shiloh by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
- The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate
- The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo
Additionally, there is an unlimited access to the largest selection of audiobooks and textbooks aligned to school curriculum, with incredible human-read audiobooks. Parents may search for apps like the Learning Ally specifically designed for struggling readers.
One thing that selected audiobooks have in common is all of them are positively fascinating. So go ahead, start to listen, and feel reinvigorated with the headphones on!
Create an Account. It's free!
Subscribe Now: Only $9.99/month (7 Days Trial)
* OTP will be sent to verify Mobile Phone Nr